Learning In Context, 4th Edition
Grade Level : 9-12
Common Core Standards are pushing the “performance task” and real world relevance and as a
foundation for teaching math. These form the cornerstone for providing students knowledge and skills needed for success in college and
careers. These ideas have finally caught up with CORD’s 30+ years history in applying this very pedagogy. With the launch
of CORD’s Geometry: Learning in Context, Fourth Edition digital textbook, we are
strengthening those “real-world” concepts and proving more students can be successful in math.
Take A Tour
Click here or on the image to the left for a
brief tour through the features and benefits of CORD's textbooks.
Contact us today and see for yourself how
the nation’s leading experts in contextual teaching have perfected the ideals of Common Core.
NEW All Digital Textbooks
In Context mathematics materials have gone digital. The same proven hands-on
learning only in electronic format.
- Competitive pricing
- One to six-year license options
- Compatible with all platforms and personal e-readers
- Pilot programs available
Contact Us Today for your preview access to the teacher's material or for more information on pilot programs.
Complete Digital Ancillary Package
- Chapter Resource Material with valuable Practice, Reteaching and Enrichment worksheets. Reproducible
- Lab Data sheets
- Teacher Lesson Plans – download and edit for your specific class needs
Unique Features and Benefits
- Contextual approach improves content retention and perfect for fulfilling Common Core’s “Performance Task” based requirements
- Addresses different learning styles to help MORE students learn geometry
- Workplace Applications, real-world examples, labs and activities fit perfectly with the Common Core
Standards mission statement of: " The standards are designed to be robust and relevant to the real world,
reflecting the knowledge and skills that our young people need for success in college and careers."
- The ideal learning tool for STEM Academy courses
- All new software generated assessment: powered by ExamView™
- Labs written to include use of TI-Nspire™ calculator
- Annotated Teacher’s Wrap edition provides helpful hints and ideas for the teacher
- Correlates to current Common Core, state and NCTM standards (See link below)
- Teacher resources available on CD-ROM
- Contains English/Spanish glossary of commonly used math terms
- All digital format ends textbook replacement expenses
- Flexible licensing options: 1-to-6-year agreements
- Discovering Geometry
- Reasoning and Proof
- Coordinate Geometry
- Transformational Geometry
- Triangle Theorems
- Similar Triangles
- Right Triangles
- Polygons and Quadrilaterals
- Perimeter and Area
- Surface Area and Volume
New and Revised Lessons On:
- Squares and Square Roots
- Law of Sine
- Law of Cosine
- Surface Area of Pyramids and Cones
- Volume of Pyramids and Cones
Online access to the Teacher's
Editions and all ancillary products is complimentary with the purchase of 20
student texts online. Printed materials are not included in the online package and shall
be considered additional costs for the purchaser. For Home School usage, please contact CORD
Communications at: 800.231.3015, ext. 375 or firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing and
State Standard Correlations & Supplemental Materials
Check here to see if we have correlations for your state standards or to download state-specific supplemental material for your math course.
Locate Sales Representative
Click here to locate your local representative.
CORD Communications strives to produce error-free materials. However, mistakes do happen.
If you find errors in the textbook, please click here
to tell us which book, page number and problem number. Provide a brief description of the error.
We will look into the error and post any corrections needed to the website.