NEW 2nd Edition
Physics In Context Digital Textbook
Interest Level: 9-12
This one-year physics course is an ideal option to increase student performance through contextual learning.
Its’ goal is to break the "physics barrier" by helping both the middle majority and top 25% of
students learn physics. Students explore how physics applies to real-life situations while developing the
problem-solving skills that are necessary in today’s workforce.
Physics in Context or Principles of Technology? Which course is right for your students?
- Student text available online.
- Contains over 40 classroom-proven, interactive, hands-on labs.
- Rubrics included for labs in the student manual.
- The four energy systems of Mechanical, Electrical, Thermal, and Fluid are integrated throughout each chapter.
- Uses contextual learning as its’ foundation by focusing on solving real-world problems.
- Internet links at www.learningincontext.com
and computerized CD-ROM provide additional course enhancements.
- Includes optional computer interfacing and electronic data collection via sensors, and probes.
- Career links are featured throughout the student text to show students where specific physics concepts are
used in real-life occupations.
Developed through a collaboration between CORD and
Energy Concepts, Inc.
For a list of equipment vendors, please click here.
- The Prime Movers
- Optical Systems
- Waves & Vibrations
This is FREE download to all Physics In Context users in Texas. This supplemental material is written to help
enhance material for end of course exams. To download:
- Click on the link above
- Save the Zip file to a folder on your computer
- Extract the material
- In the folder, click the file name: index.html
This will allow easy navigation through the material. Please allow several minutes for the download to complete.