CORD Algebra 2:
Learning In Context, 2nd Edition
Grade Level : 10-12
CORD set the standard by creating the first truly contextual-based Algebra 2 textbook in 2008. Now Common Core Standards
are requiring that all mathematics be taught in a manner that is "robust and relevant to the real world,
reflecting the knowledge and skills needed for success in college and careers." CORD has been putting that
idea to work for over 30 years.
Just in time to meet these new standards, the experts in "performance
task" based learning announce the launch of CORD's Algebra 2: Learning in
Context, Second Edition digital textbook – the guideline to strengthening those "real-world"
concepts and proving more students can be successful in math.
Take A Tour
Click here or on the image to the left for a
brief tour through the features and benefits of CORD's textbooks.
Contact us today and see for yourself how
the nation’s leading experts in contextual teaching have perfected the ideals of Common Core.
NEW All Digital Textbooks
In Context mathematics materials have gone digital. The same proven hands-on
learning only in electronic format.
- Competitive pricing
- One to six-year license options
- Compatible with all platforms and personal e-readers
- Pilot programs available
Contact Us Today for your preview access to the teacher's material or for more information on pilot programs.
Complete Digital Ancillary Package
- Chapter Resource Material with valuable Practice, Reteaching and Enrichment worksheets. Reproducible
- Lab Data sheets
- Teacher Lesson Plans – download and edit for your specific class needs
Unique Features and Benefits
- Contextual approach improves content retention; perfect for fulfilling Common Core's "Performance Task" based requirements
- Addresses different learning styles to help MORE students learn algebra 2
- Workplace Applications, real-world examples, labs and activities fit perfectly with the Common Core
Standards mission statement of: " The standards are designed to be robust and relevant to the real world,
reflecting the knowledge and skills that our young people need for success in college and careers."
- The ideal learning tool for STEM Academy courses
- All new software generated assessment: powered by ExamView™
- Labs written to include use of TI-Nspire™ calculator
- Annotated Teacher’s Wrap edition provides helpful hints and ideas for the teacher
- Correlates to current Common Core, state and NCTM standards (See link below)
- Teacher resources available on CD-ROM
- Contains English/Spanish glossary of commonly used math terms
- All digital format ends textbook replacement expenses
- Flexible licensing options: 1-to-6-year agreements
- Fundamentals for Algebra
- Exponents & Complex Numbers
- Quadratic Functions
- Exponential & Logarithmic Functions
- Polynomial Functions
- Rational Functions
- Systems of Equations & Inequalities
- Sequences and Series
- Trigonometric Functions & Identities
- Probability & Statistics
- Conic Sections
New and Revised Lessons On:
- Operations with Complex Numbers
- Solving Quadratic Equations that Have Complex Solutions
- Graphing Polynomial Functions
- Normal Distribution
- Population and Sampling Simulations
- Making Decisions Based on Probability
- Solving Equations and Inequalities
- Complex Numbers
- Relations and Functions
- Operations with Functions
- Special Functions
- Transformations of Functions
- Factoring Polynomials
- Multiplying and Dividing Rational Expressions
- Adding and Subtracting Rational Expressions
- Complex Fractions
- Solving Systems of Equations by Graphing
- Evaluating Trigonometric Functions
- The Law of Sines and Law of Cosines
- Verifying Trigonometric Identities
Online access to the Teacher's Editions and all ancillary products is complimentary with the purchase of 20 student texts online. Printed materials are not included in the online package and shall be considered additional costs for the purchaser. For Home School usage, please contact CORD Communications at: 800.231.3015, ext. 375 or email@example.com for pricing and package details.
State Standard Correlations & Supplemental Materials
Check here to see if we have correlations for your state standards or to download state-specific supplemental material for your math course.
Locate Sales Representative
Click here to locate your local representative.
CORD Communications strives to produce error-free materials. However, mistakes do happen.
If you find errors in the textbook, please click here
to tell us which book, page number and problem number. Provide a brief description of the error.
We will look into the error and post any corrections needed to the website.